“Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?”
Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!” (Isa 6:8)
The whole world lies in the power of the evil one. (1 John 5:19)
Follow the God-ordained pattern recorded in the book of Acts:
- Imitate the intentional outreach, passion, commitment, focus, and trust.
- Intentionally create an empowering environment in which everyone has input and is important to the team.
- Help each other learn how to love God, love each other, and love others.
- Be committed to reaching the lost and leading with a spirit of humility, authenticity, and relational warmth.
Call Bible Things by Bible Names and Do Bible Things in Bible Ways
- Declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent. (Acts 17:30)
- How does God declare to all people that they should repent? Through our preaching of His word!
- Go, stand and speak to the people... the whole message of this Life. (Acts 5:20)
The whole message of this Life includes:
Who in the world are we trying to reach?
- Specifically, truth seekers. (See Matt 7:7; 2 Thess 2:10)
- Truth seekers come from all walks of life. You can't target one segment of the population and expect to find all the truth seekers.
- If you want to find all the truth seekers you have to reach all the people.
- Some will be ripe for harvesting. Others may not be ready until the second or third time around after the seed has had time to take root.
From everyone who has been given much, much will be required. (Luke 12:48)
- The gospel was preached in every nation by the first century church.
- God has blessed us with the resources and mass communications to preach to the entire world in this century.
- We can plant seeds, generating interest and excitement, and follow up with evangelism teams to reap the harvest.
- So that all will hear the word of the Lord.
Look how God created buzz:
- The people were in a state of expectation and all were wondering in their hearts about John, as to whether he was the Christ. (Luke 3:15)
- Jesus expected entire cities to have repented (See Mat 11:20-24). Everyone must have heard.
- Paul testified to King Agrippa that he was confident that none of these things escaped his notice because they hadn't been done in a corner. (See Acts 26:26)
- When Paul arrived in Rome he had a ready made audience. The Jewish authorities said they'd heard much about this sect and they wanted to know more. (See Acts 28:21-22)
These men who have upset the world have come here also. (Acts 17:6)
- I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you publicly and from house to house, solemnly testifying to both Jews and
Greeks of repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 20:20)
- When I say to the wicked, "O wicked man, you will surely die," and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require from
your hand. But if you on your part warn a wicked man to turn from his way and he does not turn from his way, he will die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your life… "As I live!" declares the
Lord GOD, "I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back; turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die?" (Ezek 33:2-11)
- Therefore, I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. For I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole purpose of God. (Acts 20:26-27)
All who lived in Asia heard the word of the Lord. (Acts 19:10)
- You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden… Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
- What's the buzz in your community? Are people talking about Jesus Christ because of your good work?
- Buzz generates interest and curiosity.
Publicly and from House to House
- Where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matt 18:20)
- We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ. For this purpose also I labor, striving according to His power,
which mightily works within me. (Col 1:28-29)
- The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. (2 Tim 2:2)
- Every Christian is a priest and a minister. (See 1 Peter 2:1-12; 4:7-11)
The first century church took the world by storm utilizing a two-pronged approach. Doing things publicly demonstrates the importance of our mission and creates buzz. Small groups
meeting from house to house are where you typically make the most progress in bringing people to the knowledge of the truth. Working both angles creates synergism that magnifies the
impact – blitz!
It's easier than you might think. If you're enthusiastic, you'll probably be able to gather friends and family to hear the word of the Lord. To find more disciples, simply engage people in public
places or go door to door. Part of public proclamation is proclamation to public figures. If you're going to be one of God's ambassadors (See 2 Cor 5:20), find out what He would tell people.
Throughout the Bible, God's message is often delivered to the leaders first. Whether the messenger was Moses, the prophets, Jesus, or Paul, the message to leaders was usually direct and
authoritative, because that's the kind of message leaders understand.
Think of innovative ways to use the resources and talents God has given you. If you can conceive it, God may help you achieve it. Take initiative. Tell the world.
Jesus said, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the
Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matt 28:18-20)
God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. (1 Cor 1:21)
Do you have a sense of urgency about the day in which He will judge the world? Do you recognize the war that is raging for every eternal soul? Are you the light of the world?
Jesus is King! Our job as His ambassadors is to persuade people (See 2 Cor 5:11) to elect Him King of their life. The Jesus For King Project is designed to help anyone anywhere in the world get
enlightened, empowered, and equipped to impact their world for Christ!